Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. My problem is this, In July 2007 A man in a huge truck with a trailer hinge back up out from a parking space, it I saw him and the only thing I could at the time is speed up so he would not hit the middle of my car. He ended up hitting the side bumper and ripped it off. I have A 1999 Cryshler Sebring. It truely was a hard hit. Well the man's insurance did pay to fix the bumper, but now everything keeps going wrong. I did mention it to the person at the shop where we had arranged for the repair. I asked to please give me an estimated how much it would cost to fix it. When the time came, She did not do so and when I asked the lady she gave me a look like there is really something wrong with my car. I give two guys a ride to the bus so they do not have to walk the mile or so and they can attest that my car was running smooth. So many things one after another have gone wrong. I have put over 700.00 and still more problems. So my question is what do you think my chances are If I take it to the manufactor and they will rule in my favor. The Insurance Co-ordinator says if they say it was from the accident then they will pay for it. Straight from the start right after the accident my car kept dyeing out, so I had to drive it like a standard car with my feet on the gas and brake at the same time. So in the end , last I have heard there is a short somewhere so I took it to Spitfire and place that specializes in electrical problems and he told me my computer is bad. First of all the things my battery kept dyeing out, my car would not start up in the mornings,I took it to Auto zone and my battery was fat, swollen no good. Bought a new one, then I took it to a man at midas , he said I needed a valve cover gasket and he showed me my spark plugs we filled with oil, fixed that. Now Midas ran a scan and said I had either a bad map sensor or a short. Changed the map sensor the car is still barely running, so then another place said it was a short but had it for two weeks and could not find the short . I would like to know , if the guys Insurance is still on the hook for all the problems I have had with the car since the accident. Now I give these two guys a ride from work each day and they knew there was nothing wrong with my car before the accident. What is the best thing I can do. Many thanks , SylviaCan an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?I can offer several opinions here and I hope my answer doesnt offend. I have worked with cars in some way almost all my life. I am now a claims adjuster, and can tell you based on the description of the impact you gave me, I have never of a vehicle suffering from the problems you are having to be related to that type of impact. If you had rear ended someone at high speed enough to crush the front end of your vehicle causing damages to the engine, and electrical components I could see it. But I doubt any shop out there could some how link the problems to the accident.

Right now in regards to your next step there are two senarios. If you used a shop the insurance company rec. and is part of there program, an insurance company will guar the work the shop did. If you feel these problems are related to the accident start with the adjuster and the shop to attempt to resolve the problem. They should be willing to help since you used one of their shops.

If however you used your own shop and is not part of the insurance companies preffered shop program, you are own your own with the repairs done by the shop. The insurance company cannot guar their work.

Good luckCan an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?Its hard to prove since you have to show that it was due to the accident and nothing else. since the vehicle is eight years old they could say it had nothing to do with the accident. Also if he hit the rear bumper i doubt you have a chance... the front bumper is your best shot.Can an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?The burden of proof is yours. You must prove beyond any doubt that the accident caused all these problems. It will help having only one trusted Mechanic to thoroughly check out your car and assess All damage. Then take this to the insurance company or if needed a lawyer. With the right documentation and a little luck you will get your car fixed properly.

Good luckCan an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?If you signed off on the accident..your high n dry. Always get more than one estimate when dealing with these things.And never limit yourself to the place the insurance company recommends! They are not your friends! Get a free consultation from a lawyer and make sure that when he presents your requests that his fees are included. Also..lawyers in this matter often work off of commission per settlement.Be sure that is the case so that you have no money out of pocket.Have your ducks in a row when you see him..provide receipts(shows dates of repair)a list of witnesses(your friends you ride to work)and an accident report. Good luck.Can an Insurance company still be held liable for the after affects of a car wreck?You have a nine year old vehicle that had a rear bumper damaged. This collision did NOT damage your battery, wiring, sensors, leaky valve covers or computer system. The insurance company is NOT going to pay for any of these items or tune-ups or diagnostic charges. Just suck it up and face the fact that this is normal upkeep for a car.
  • grammarandspellingmistakes
  • bacteria grows
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment