Monday, November 22, 2010

How difficult is it to replace a Valve Cover Gasket?

I am a novice. I have very little experience. I have changed the brakes before, but that's the most work I've done on a car. Would this be a difficult task. If you were to rate it from 1 to 10, 1 being the least difficult adn 10 being the most, what would you rate it, and explain a little on why you feel that way. I need as much info as possible, thanksHow difficult is it to replace a Valve Cover Gasket?well depending on the car it can be very easy or very hard. if its in the open and easy to get to you can do it easy. just remove the old clean the surface and bolt it back. make sure to look up the specs an torque to the correct amountHow difficult is it to replace a Valve Cover Gasket?you said you changed brakes before? well valve pan gaskets are easier but it also depends on what car your changing them on too. now my 88 oldsmobile i had to remove the plug wires, remove the egr valve and pull the power steering pump back but you might not have to do all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment