Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I get to the rear valve cover gasket on my 2001 Impala, 3.8L V6?

I changed the front one no problem, it was easy to get to. But the rear valve cover is tucked away in the back near the firewall, it almost looks like I have to tilt the engine forward somehow...I can remove the ront sway bar and that will help but it is still a VERY VERY tight fit. Any ideas on how I can get to it?How do I get to the rear valve cover gasket on my 2001 Impala, 3.8L V6?Although rotating the engine is recommended for changing the spark plugs on some engine/chassis combinations (not this one), it's not specified for this job on this car. Basically, just a matter of taking stuff out of the way as needed.



Right Side (Rear)



1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.



2. Remove the accessory drive belt.



3. Remove the alternator and the alternator brackets.



4. Tag for identification and remove the right side spark plug wires.



5. Tag for identification and remove the vacuum hoses from the evaporative canister purge solenoid valve.



6. Remove the evaporative canister purge solenoid valve and the AIR check valve/pipe.



7. Remove the ignition coil bracket with the coils in place.



8. Remove the vacuum hose from the grommet in the right rocker arm cover.



9. Remove the rocker arm cover bolts and remove the cover from the engine. Do not pry it off. Bump the cover sideways with a rubber mallet if it is stuck. Discard the gasket.How do I get to the rear valve cover gasket on my 2001 Impala, 3.8L V6?i know ! just like the 1 on my oldsmobile.when i changed mine i had to remove the egr valve and loosen the power steering pump and pull it back some before the pan would come off.
  • how to with diagrams
  • What duvet cover would go best
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment