Monday, November 22, 2010

I need advice/how big a deal is it to change a valve cover gasket on my 3.8L '90 taurus?

i've got some wrenching know-how, but can't find my taurus manual... the valve cover leaks, and it needs changing. i've done the job on my '69 mustang, but this looks a bit trickier. so, is it a huge deal (%26amp; i need to hire someone), or should i just man-up and do it? any advice in getting the job done? thanks a bunch!I need advice/how big a deal is it to change a valve cover gasket on my 3.8L '90 taurus?well there are two valve covers on the v-6 engine you have



not too bad of a job, may have to remove upper intake plenum if it goes over the rear valve cover in which usually they do, especially on gm and chrysler v-6 engines



but easy to remove



good luckI need advice/how big a deal is it to change a valve cover gasket on my 3.8L '90 taurus?Man up and do it. its not all that bad to do but you willhave to remove the upper intake plenum and replace the gasket to it also. no need to pay for something you can do yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment