Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change valve cover gaskets on a 02 dodge neon?

I am getting oil around the threads of my spark plugs, I think I need to change the valve cover gasket. but I do not know how to do it. I been told that it is very simple to do but I'm not sure. Can anybody tell me how or is this just normal for this kind of car. The neon only has 61K miles on it. Please help. ThanksHow do I change valve cover gaskets on a 02 dodge neon?It ain't suppose to be normal, but it's common. Ya dont have'ta buy a gasket kit. Clean it well %26amp; reuse'em. The problems the ' tubes ' around yer plugs. Pull the valve cover off. Pull the 4 tubes out. Clean'em with acetone %26amp; their seats.Apply a little #2 Permatex %26amp; then tap'em back in. Good Luck =^ ) If ya want more help,, pickup a Haynes manual from yer nearest parts store for about $18.

No comments:

Post a Comment