Monday, November 22, 2010

How do u change overhead valve cover gasket on a 2002 Mazda Protege 5? It is a 4 cyl. 2.0 engine.?

This is the wagon version of Mazda protege commonly referred to as Mazda P-5.How do u change overhead valve cover gasket on a 2002 Mazda Protege 5? It is a 4 cyl. 2.0 engine.?just take off the valve cover, remove the old gasket, put on the new one, and put the cover back on. presto! takes about ten minutesHow do u change overhead valve cover gasket on a 2002 Mazda Protege 5? It is a 4 cyl. 2.0 engine.?You can go to any auto parts dealer like Autozone, Pepboys, Discount Auto Parts, etc. and buy a manual. Haynes or Chilton for your particular car and those books give very detailed instructions. I used a Haynes Repair Manual to change the timing belt in my Miata. And I have had no problems with oil or coolant leak since I did the change five months ago, and my car is a daily driver. Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment